GPS considers all applicants for admission according to the following criteria:
- the youth is having severe difficulty in his/her situation in the home, school, and/or community;
- all reasonable and appropriate resources of family, school and/or community have been exhausted;
- the mental, emotional, physical, or educational problems of the youth are not of such a severe degree that they would prevent him/her from functioning in a day school;
- the youth must be K – 12th grade, and have an appropriate maturity level to participate in the program;
- the youth gives some indication that he/she is dissatisfied with the present direction of his/her life, and that he/she will invest in the program;
- all parties must agree voluntarily to placement;
- the resources at GPS are appropriate for the needs of the youth;
- meetings/conversations with LEA, parent & guardian and Gateway Private School to determine if needs of student can be met.
- IEP must be held prior to admission
Gateway Private School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, political affiliation or belief.
If there are any questions please e-mail us at: